As CBD becomes more well-known for its medicinal properties, the cannabis industry sees new products hitting the shelf all the time. But because these products are still so new, there’s not a lot of information about them. This can be confusing to 420 consumers trying to widen their horizons and try new forms of cannabis.
One such underrated cannabis product is the CBD tincture.
You may have heard of cannabis tinctures (that come as CBD, THC, or mixtures), but chances are, you probably don’t know anything about them. And yet, there are cannabis lovers that claim tinctures work better than any raw flower, joint, blunt, or edible they’ve ever used.
That’s pretty powerful stuff if you ask us.
Let’s take a look at what CBD tinctures are and why you might want to try them out as a new and unique way to ingest marijuana.
What is a CBD Tincture?
CBD tinctures, sometimes called the green or gold dragon, are extremely potent, alcohol-based cannabis extracts that come in glass bottles with droppers for dosing (like the high-quality tangerine CBD tincture one of our Featured MOMs – Peak420 – offers).
In other words, these liquid extracts (much like cannabis oils) are cannabis plants infused with alcohol. Sometimes vinegar or glycerin are used in place of alcohol. But alcohol yields the best results because of its ability to break down the acidic and basic parts of the cannabis plant.
A CBD tincture is created by first steeping CBD-rich hemp flowers in high-proof grain alcohol. It’s then cooked over low heat for many hours. When the liquid is ready, the tincture is then mixed with a sweet flavored oil like orange or peppermint because on its own it’s very bitter tasting.
What you get in the end is a liquid with a very high CBD content and a very low THC content (meaning it won’t make you high). That said, there are THC tinctures as well, like the ones found at Pure Green Express, that will give you a high feeling.
One of the reasons CBD tinctures are not as popular as we think they should be is because they come in tiny little bottles and only require a few droplets under your tongue to ingest. And while we think that’s unique and super cool, many people find it boring.
Those people don’t know what they’re missing out on!
Benefits of Marijuana Tinctures
Marijuana tinctures in general, whether CBD, THC, or a mix, offer 420 consumers many benefits:
- Quick Effects: when placed underneath the tongue and not swallowed, tinctures start working very quickly. This is because they enter the body’s main blood stream right away and reach the brain in as little as 15 minutes. If swallowed, tinctures will take effect slowly, like an edible, because your stomach acid breaks the tinctures down first and then release it into the bloodstream.
- Dosage Control: because tinctures are liquids that are dispelled with an eyedropper, managing your dosage is a cinch. It’s also easy to increase the dosage slowly without overdoing it.
- Low Calorie: when compared to edibles, tinctures offer 420 consumers a smokeless way to ingest marijuana, without all the calories.
- Discreetness: thanks to their tiny bottles and the fact you just have to place a few drops under your tongue to ingest it, consuming tinctures is a discreet way of getting your marijuana without people noticing. Plus, they don’t smell or draw any other attention to you while you consume them.
- Easy to Ingest: dissolving a few drops of liquid underneath your tongue is easy enough for anyone, regardless of their physical abilities. This is especially helpful for those who use tinctures for relief from serious illnesses.
- Economical: we get it, some high-quality marijuana can cost a lot of money. The great thing about tinctures is that a little goes a long way so you get more bang for your buck. Plus, their high concentration means less product needs ingesting each time you use it.
- Long-Lasting: tinctures have a long shelf life because of their composition. However, you’ll need to store your marijuana in a cool, dark place to keep it fresh.
Lastly, CBD tinctures provide much needed relief to those suffering from physical and mental ailments such as:
- Low appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- High blood sugar
- Chronic pain
- Bacterial growth
- Cancer cell growth
- Bone degeneration
- Muscle spasms
When Will I Feel the Effects of a CBD Tincture?
Whether you take a THC or CBD tincture, the effects will usually kick in a little bit slower than if you smoke your marijuana, but a little bit faster than if you ate an edible.
More specifically, about 2-3 drops of tincture under your tongue for 30 seconds will give you your desired effect in about 15 minutes or so depending on the strain.
This is what makes tinctures so great.
Keep in mind, those that have never ingested marijuana as a tincture before should follow the titration (or try and see) method. This means taking a small dose first and seeing how it affects your body. Then, if you don’t like the results, add a little more the next time, and so on, until you find your sweet spot.
So, are you ready to get in on this unique way of ingesting marijuana?
If so, check out one of Canada’s many online weed dispensaries, see what kind you want, and buy your weed online. Better yet, check out our huge directory of vetted and verified Mail Order Marijuana (MOMs) dispensaries to find the exact tincture you want for the price you want, and have it delivered straight to your front door.
Safety, privacy, and convenience is what we at BuyMOM.ca want to provide 420 consumers in Canada. As we strive to become the Amazon of weed, we make it so nothing gets in between you and your weed – no matter what form you prefer.